WED Imagineering Name Change Announcement, 1986
The Name Has Changed... (1986)
Lithography on heavyweight paper, printed on one side, 12.75" x 5.25" fully open, 5.25" x 4.25" closed
This three-panel, fold-out announcement was issued by The Walt Disney Company when its theme park design division officially changed its name from WED Enterprises to Walt Disney Imagineering. WED was established in December, 1952 by Walt Disney for the design and construction of Disneyland. It was originally established and owned personally by Walt Disney (the name "WED" was an acronym for Walter Elias Disney); he sold WED to Walt Disney Productions in 1965. "© 1986 The Walt Disney Company" appears at the bottom of the middle panel.